Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reminisence - Road to Recovery (Part 1)



Honestly, I am still in my recovery process...How to say this in words??? Emm...after the major accident,nearly all of my memories were lost...yet I was lucky enough that I remembered my dearest family and friends. It was my dear bestfriend,DK, who had helped me a lot...she helped me to recall back...some 'lost' memories. I still remember that I had to ask her... the names of most of my friends...if i bumped into any of them.

Usually...I would ask her.."Who's that? Do I know her/him?"..so DK would tell me the things I need to know...At first, I was totally frustrated...because I couldn't recall much of anything. Just fragments of my memories plus my short-term memory was affected...couldn't remember the slightest thing...(now...my short-term memory greatly improved compared to last year).

I am so glad my family and friends have been around...to help me to recover not only physically but mentally & emotionally...and sometimes, when the memories do come back...My God!It can be painful...totally painful!!! Because I can get confused...as those memories 'flooded' too quickly and then 'gone'.Often...the memories came when I was more relaxed..especially before my slumber.

No comments: